Phobias - Psychological Counseling at Chennai - Pondicherry & Panruti
A phobia is a persistent and irrational fear of a certain object, animal, activity, or situation that poses little to no actual danger.
Specific phobias are a type of anxiety disorder in which a person may feel extremely anxious or has a pannic attack when exposed to the object of fear. Specific phobias are one of the most common psychiatric disorders, affecting up to 10% of people.
Common phobias include the fear of:
· Blood, injections, and other medical procedures
· Certain animals (for instance, dogs or snakes)
· Enclosed spaces
· High places
· Insects or spiders
· Being exposed to the feared object, or even thinking about being exposed to it causes an anxiety reaction.
· This fear or anxiety is much stronger than the real threat.
· You may sweat excessively, have problems controlling your muscles or actions, or have a fast heart rate.
· You will avoid situations in which you may come into contact with the feared object or animal -- for example, avoiding driving through tunnels, if tunnels are the subject of your phobia. This type of avoidance can interfere with your job and social life.
· You may feel weak or cowardly and lose self-esteem when avoiding the object of the phobia.
Counseling and Psychotherapy is the efficient method to treat Phobias
We are here to care for you.
We keep your matters confidentially.
Feel free to contact us:
Dr. D Senthil Kumar, B.H.M.S., MD (Alt Med), M.Phil (Psy)
(Consulting Physician & Psychologist)
The “Psychologist” Psychological Counseling Centre’s at
For appointment please Call us or Mail Us
Vivekanantha Psychological Counseling Centre Health Line