Stress Burst Tips
There’s no escaping it: The first step is to recognize the source of the stress that is upsetting you. You may not be able to change the source of stress, so try to change the way you respond to it. Keep an organizer to deal with responsibilities on time and stay focused on the present, rather than worrying about the past and future.
- Nourish your body with good nutrition, plenty of sleep, four to eight glasses of water daily and limit caffeine and alcohol. Exercise at least three times a week. Whether it’s a long bike ride or a quick walk, exercise is a proven method of tension release.
- Seek balance from stress. Cultivate a positive outlook; seek out and expect positive experiences.
- Laugh at least once a day to brighten your mood, lower stress, raise your pain threshold and enhance your resistance.
- Balance your study time with pleasurable activities. Enjoy good friends and social occasions, good food, sport, natural beauty, music and art.
Many of us who manage our outside lives skillfully are often clueless when it comes to knowing how to fully relax. Here are some tips:
- Observe how your mind and body respond to events (notice when you tense up and when you relax).
- Make tension release a habit: Tense each muscle group for 10 seconds, and then suddenly release them. Notice the difference. Stretch your neck (chin to chest, chin to each shoulder, ear to each shoulder, gaze at the sky). Stretch muscles and take deep breaths anywhere, anytime.
- Balance high energy output with relaxation, such as meditation, visualization, and/or prayer. These focus the mind, open the heart and slow down the body. You can quietly reach a “still point.” Here the mind is calm and clearly aware, stress is released and both the mind and body relax.
- Imagery: Concentration on an image that is peaceful and ignites a sense of beauty. See yourself as relaxed, successful and happy.
Remember, practicing balance, relaxation and seeking help are not signs of weakness. They are intelligent ways of taking care of your self.
For more details Contact
Call: +91 9786901830, +91 9443054168
The “Psychologist” Psychological Counseling Centre’s at
Vivekanantha Psychological Counseling Centre Health Line
For appointment please Call us or Mail Us